Exciting new design lakeside landscape is sure to both soothe and delight.
Series 102 No. 12 shader
Series 202 Nos. 3 and 6 detail/round
Series 550 No. 5/0 liner
Series 750 1/2″ flat
The Red Sled wooden box
DecoArt Gel Stain in Walnut
The Red Sled antiquing medium
Varnish of choice
1. Sand the box if needed and wipe with the tack cloth to remove dust. Stain the inside and bottom of the box following manufacturer’s instructions and allow to dry.
2. Basecoat the sides and band on the lid PP. Apply the stripe around the sides of the lid with RS. Basecoat the top of the lid (background area) BUT. Allow to dry.
3. Trace the pattern onto tracing paper and transfer the main pattern lines
1. Background. Apply another coat of BUT to the background area and, working wet on wet, add BLM to the sky area. Next, streak BUT, HB, and PUM above the mountain area. Add clouds with BUT. Basecoat the mountain BGM + BUT on the shaded (left) side, then place a very thin application of HB on the right side of the mountain. Base the hill behind the trees and buildings PR then shade with BLK and highlight with AGD. Streak in the water area with BLM, BH, and DMB. Add BUT to the highlight area in the water next to the building.
To apply the grassy area in front, streak AG, PP, and BLK in the very darkest areas. Highlight with AGD. Allow to dry, then transfer the pattern details onto the surface.
2. Buildings. Basecoat HB, then shade with AS and highlight with PUM. Base in the roofs with AS and highlight with PUM. Paint the doors and window on the buildings at the left AS. Paint the building in the water BGM with AS cross pieces. Highlight with PUM.
3. Fences and swans. Base the fence across the back of the water RS with AS posts. Highlight with PUM. Add the rock fence to the left with PUM + (BUT), BGM, and AS. Paint the swans BGM and highlight with BUT. Add their bills with PUM and eyes with BLK.
4. Trees and foliage. Basecoat the tree trunks AS, then highlight with PUM. Apply the foliage on the trees with AG and shade with PP. Highlight with AGD. Add the stems and foliage around the bottom of the trees and along the right side with AG. Shade with PP and highlight with AGD. Pull up a few stalks of weeds in the front with AGD and AS, then place a few dots of PUM to add interest.
1.Antique the box following manufacturer’s instructions and allow to dry.
2.Apply two to three coats of varnish to the box, allowing adequate drying time between applications.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.